Chili Chicken Kebabs
Courtesy of EatCleanDiet.com
Kebabs are the perfect dinner for a hot summer’s night! Try this simple, quick and delicious recipe.
• 3 Tbsp / 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
• 1½ Tbsp / 22.5 ml balsamic vinegar
• Juice of one lime
• 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
• ½ tsp / 2.5 ml paprika
• 1 tsp / 5 ml cayenne pepper
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
• 1 lb / 454 g boneless skinless chicken breast*, cut into 1½ inch / 4-cm pieces
• 1 large onion, chopped into thick pieces
*NOTE: Use pork, beef or bison tenderloin or turkey as alternative kebab meats. A sturdy, meaty fish such as salmon works well here, too.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and pressed garlic.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce and stir to coat.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with chopped onion pieces. Discard the marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
Group foods with similar cooking times and cut meats, veggies or fruit into a uniform size: 1½ inches / 4 cm works well.
Nutritional Value per Kebab:
Calories from Fat: 75
Total Fat: 8.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Total Carbs: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 25 g
Sodium: 334 mg
Cholesterol: 61 mg